Flagstaff Fun


I have been wanting to get out of crazy hot Scottsdale since I left Washington and I figured a hot summer weekend was just the reason to do it.  So up North to Flagstaff we went.  Sedona was very excited!
The first night there we camped.  Now, this is only the 2nd time Sedona and I have camped, but I swear it's totally growing on me.  The tent was called "The Cabin" and I'm not kidding it was like being in a cabin; AMAZING and HUGE.  I don't know what it is but there is definitely something about the cold, fresh air that makes me sleep so incredibly well.  
The next day I woke up refreshed and ready to make my way to downtown Flagstaff AND to the hotel for a shower haha.  On the way out of the forest we made a stop by a lake.  The last time I brought Sedona to natural water was 2 years ago when I took her to the beach for the first time. To this day, that trip remains one of my favorite memories. I could not stop laughing at how crazy excited she got playing in the ocean.

This was no different...




I think it is safe to say that Sedona LOVES water! Seeing how happy she gets when she gets to play in water, I could watch her play in it all day long.  Of course I had to get a quick picture with my girl, but as you can see she was not happy that I interrupted her "play time."
We spent the rest of the day and the next say outdoors as much as possible. I found a great hiking trail near Northern AZ University and when S and I finished our 5 mile hike...sitting in the cool grass surrounded by pine trees was just what the doctor ordered.


The weekend was such a blast  spending time in cooler weather.Sedona definitely played her little heart out because as soon as she got in the car to go home she couldn't keep her eyes open and I couldn't help but smile.

I saw this on the hike... One of my favorites as a kid.

**Make a wish **



No comments:

Post a Comment