Emersen + Sedona = LOVE


My older sister Marissa came into town this past weekend for a wedding and brought my niece Emersen with her.  I have been so truly blessed to be able to see my family as many times as I have this year (that doesn't always happen). I cannot remember the last time I was able to spend a night out with just my sister and me. It was a blast!

 Those of you who know me, know that two of my all time faves in life are Toddlers and Dogs. So when I was able to have both of my favorites in one room together to meet for the first time... I WAS IN HEAVEN!!! Sedona absolutely adores children.  She has been this way ever since she was a puppy and I'd take her on walks in New York.  She would be so quick to put her head into a baby's stroller or rest her head on the hands of a toddler when they would reach out to her that I knew I would be more than okay when it was time for me to have children of my own one day.  Still, I was not sure what to expect when Sedona would have to spend an entire day with an almost 3 yr old and I was so very proud of her.

This is when they first met.. Not completely sure of one another...


But then 5 minutes later the kisses began.


Emersen loves her "Dona" and told all my sister's friends in California how she was coming to see her Tia and Dona. Melted my heart. I could not get over the cuteness. For example, Emersen was so sweet for taking the time to read Sedona her Pluto book...


Emersen adjusted Sedona's flower when it was not straight...


She told Sedona multiple times that she had "very beautiful nail polish on." (haha)


And how pretty and white her stripe is


I was able to get one quick picture with my God-daughter...


Before they went back to playing!!!


The day was quite entertaining to say the least.  The special bond they immediately had with one another was pretty awesome to see.  I think one of the things that really caught my attention was how gentle they were to each other. I can't even explain it fully without having you be there and see it for your own eyes. At one point, Emersen said "Dona do you want to watch me go potty?" I was absolutely shocked when Sedona walked into the bathroom and sat right in front of her! Sedona NEVER walks into the bathroom without me dragging her in there because she is afraid I am going to give her a bath. Yesterday I was in the kitchen and she was sat outside the bathroom at my house crying.  I am pretty sure she was trying to tell me that she missed Emersen. :( 

Finally, this is what happened when I told them to say "Cheeeeeeeesseeeeeeee!!!"
Until next time you two...



No comments:

Post a Comment